So yesterday at school I heard some talk about a big snow storm coming in. Every morning I have my daily computer routine... eat my cereal while I check my hotmail/gmails/facebook/blog and of course the weather. Weather.com is my favorite as of late. I always look at the 10 day forecast, and it has been the same for the past week here... snow every day (Nacho Libre voice for those of you who appreciate it). Anyway, so the teachers talked about a snow storm and possibly 30 inches of snow in two days and I just kinda sit there and laugh about how I have never had a snow day in my life. Last night I checked my email and my teacher wrote me saying that it would probably be alright tomorrow, but Friday was questionable. I woke up this morning, Thursday, and it did not look too bad outside. My car was almost out of gas so I needed to fill it up before going to school and before the snow dumped crazy hard. I checked my email, and no messages from anyone saying school is canceled. I make my way to my car... alone...(Ben decided to work from home today)... and proceeded to get the inches of snow off my car. The Paijetta made it to the gas station, and then to Cayuga Heights Elementary School. I usually arrive about 7:30 a.m. before the students show up, but today it was about 7:25. The parking lot was completely EMPTY. Usually there is at least one or two cars there with a few lights on... there was no sign of anyone there. At this point I debated checking the front door to see if it was locked, calling my teacher, or calling Ben. I chose the latter and he found out it was actually closed and that I got/had to come home. It's funny how I actually wanted to have school today and was a bit disappointed that it was canceled, but I still have about ten more weeks to make up for it. So here I am, at home, enjoying my snow that I was not able to appreciate to the fullest by sleeping in or not getting ready. I'll just have to try harder next time!
Here is a picture of Fall Creek, right by Cornell, with a typical snow covered look. Some may say beautiful while others, residents of Arizona especially, might think otherwise!
SNOW DAY!!! Too bad you had to wake up anyways, but I'm sure you loved the break!
ReplyDeleteI'm an arizona girl, but I am now a lover of the snow. That looks beautiful--absolutely chilly but beautiful. What a fun adventure for you to be living there! :)
ReplyDelete