Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Big Pay Day

So I guess all the sayings about teaching are true... your reward will come after you have taught and THEN you will realize your importance and impact. I had a similar experience on my last day of student teaching in Ithaca at Cayuga Heights. It was a difficult placement and there was a lot expected from the parents (who teach at Cornell) and the other staff. The students were very bright and they always kept me on my toes. Some days I did not want to show up, and other days I couldn't wait to send the kids home on the bus. But overall my students were great and I had a lot of fun and learned even more from the whole experience. We had a nice little "party" on my last day which included card giving, a song made by a student, and of course peanut butter and chocolate. I received a nice gift from my teacher, homemade soap from a student, a homemade necklace from another girl, and an assortment of cards with animals, aliens, and other such items. I will surely miss Cayuga Heights 4th grade, but now I'm off to Newfield Elementary School to have some other great adventures.


1 comment:

  1. I bet you were the best student teacher EVER-sounds like the kids loved you:) don't forget that I must see you when you come to provo to walk!! love ya p

    ReplyDelete