Ben and I have officially been married for one year now!
As Ben put it "One year down!"
Things were a little tough at the beginning as we moved to our new apartment in Ithaca, Ben was studying for his CPA and PhD "comps" exam, and I was busy student teaching. Everything was new, and COLD! But we got through it and things have been great after the tests were over.
We were planning on celebrating our anniversary after our trip to Arizona for the holidays but Ben's twin, Doug, and his wife Annie made some plans we couldn't resist.
(Ben and I share the same anniversary with Doug & Annie! Cute right, twins getting married on the same day... just Ben was 5 years after Doug :) )
So we decided to go to a cabin a couple hours away, in Strawberry. Some may think that Arizona doesn't have any snow... but think again after seeing these crazy pictures.
The four of us drove up to the cabin and knew that a snow storm was coming that night. What we didn't realize was how bad it was going to be. We made it up there just fine and got cozy in our cabin. The rest of the trip was quite the adventure.
-We couldn't find matches anywhere to start a fire
-Made friends with the local Strawberry folk
-Played the longest game of Monopoly EVER
As Ben put it "One year down!"
Things were a little tough at the beginning as we moved to our new apartment in Ithaca, Ben was studying for his CPA and PhD "comps" exam, and I was busy student teaching. Everything was new, and COLD! But we got through it and things have been great after the tests were over.
We were planning on celebrating our anniversary after our trip to Arizona for the holidays but Ben's twin, Doug, and his wife Annie made some plans we couldn't resist.
(Ben and I share the same anniversary with Doug & Annie! Cute right, twins getting married on the same day... just Ben was 5 years after Doug :) )
So we decided to go to a cabin a couple hours away, in Strawberry. Some may think that Arizona doesn't have any snow... but think again after seeing these crazy pictures.
The four of us drove up to the cabin and knew that a snow storm was coming that night. What we didn't realize was how bad it was going to be. We made it up there just fine and got cozy in our cabin. The rest of the trip was quite the adventure.
-We couldn't find matches anywhere to start a fire
-Made friends with the local Strawberry folk
-Played the longest game of Monopoly EVER
-Tried to get dinner in the town, but all the roads were closed... power was out... and nothing was open.
-Woke up to about 15-20 inches of snow
-Couldn't get our car out of the driveway
-Woke up to about 15-20 inches of snow
-Couldn't get our car out of the driveway
-Attempted at shoveling our way out of the driveway
-Thought we were going to be stuck another night
-Called our Strawberry friends and had them pull us out of the snow
And yet we managed to have a wonderful time/adventure for our first anniversary! The drive home was very snowy, but beautiful.
I'm not sure what we're doing for our next anniversary but I dare to say it might not be as crazy as our first! Thanks for the fun memories Doug and Annie!
Looks like you guys had quite the adventure. People are always surprised when I tell them I grew up in NM and that it got plenty cold and we got snow regularly. Glad you guys got out of there!
ReplyDeletelooks like fun! I can't believe you have been married for a year! -Crazy!!!! love you little lady!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Happy Anniversary Paigey!!! So glad I saw you while you were down :)
ReplyDelete