Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Friday, March 6, 2015

Lucy Rae Lewis

I feel like I am already forgetting Lucy at her "newborn" stage.  I added these pictures to the blog a few weeks ago and now she looks like a completely different baby!  

Lucy has been such an angel.  I could not have asked for a more wonderful baby that is happy, a good eater, and generally much easier than William was.  She hated her first few baths but sure looked cute so we had to document them. 



Ben's sister, Diana, took a few pictures of Lucy when she was about a week old.  I really planned it poorly with her just waking up starving and trying to squeeze in a few good pictures before feeding her.  Diana was very patient and even waited until after feeding and Lucy decided to stay awake the whole time which made it a little harder to get a good shot.  










My mom came in town for about ten days and was a huge help.  She helped keep William busy and get him out of the house.  It was nice not having a lot of doctor appointments for help with nursing and tongue ties (like William) so I could recover and spend one-on-one time with Lucy.  William was very interested in her, maybe even too much.  Whenever she cries he says "Oh no! Baby sister!" or "Oh! Lucy's crying!"  It was a sad day when my mom had to leave but luckily we had decent weather for about a week so we could go outside and walk to the park to get some change of scenery (a big deal for me at the start).  It has been a lot different this time with it being winter, flu season, and lots of RSV going around.  The doctor highly recommended keeping Lucy away from everyone and staying at home.  It has been hard for me and William to be at home all the time and not out and about our normal errands.  He is full of energy and go, go, go all the time so it's hard to stay busy inside ALL day. But we sure are happy to have our addition to the family and can't imagine life without her now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment