Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Thursday, November 12, 2015

William's First Day of Preschool







August 2015:

William has changed a lot in the last month.  He was THRILLED to be starting preschool at Miss Merlene's "Rainbow Academy".  He attends on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3:30.  

Before starting preschool he had been a bit of a handful.  I've heard that when they start to get naughty it's because they're bored at home, so it was good timing for starting preschool and getting into a new routine.  Our neighbor, Cassie, also attends his 3-year-old class and that made for an easy friend from day one.  Miss Merlene had a back to school night to meet the teacher with the parents and kids.  William kept pushing me away and telling me to go home, so I knew that was a good sign that he was ready for the separation and ready to learn by himself.  He has been cute with Lucy before he leaves for school saying unpromted "Don't be nervous, Loose (Lucy).  I'm come back" and "I'll have lots of fun at preschool, mom".   On his first day of school we played at a nearby park to wait for drop-off.  He kept asking if it was time to go yet and was in the best mood.  After his first week of school he said his favorite part was music time.  I'm excited for what the year holds for him!

Lucy Rae is getting so much fun! William's first day of preschool was Lucy's 7 month birthday.  She's smiley and sitting up like a champ.  It has been fun watching these two play together more and for William to get smiles and laughs from her. 







No comments:

Post a Comment