Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Saturday, August 27, 2011

End of Summer

Oh how I wish Ithaca's summers could last all year!

I cannot believe August is almost over and that school is back in session. The funny part is that Ben isn't taking or teaching any classes this semester so it doesn't really affect us that much.

We had a Stake Day a few weekends ago at Watkins Glen when Ben was at his annual Management Conference.
I went with Kristy and The Timothys (the new CES missionary couple in our Branch)

We had a fun time hiking, exploring, and enjoying a beautiful day in upstate NY.




Last weekend we had a bachelorette party for my good friend Nicole from work.
We went out to dinner, played some games, and had a fun time!


THEN... we had an awesome Saturday in Ithaca.

I went to the Ithaca Farmer's Market in the morning for crepes with some friends.
Then Ben and I rented a canoe for a few hours and took it out on Cayuga Lake!
It was a lot of fun... and a lot of work


View of Cornell from the lake.

We were trying to get a close picture of both of us without tipping the boat!


The dock at the Farmer's Market



After our canoe outing we got some yummy calzones and brought them to Treeman State Park


They have a place to swim and sweet waterfalls!

The water was pretty cold in the evening so we decided against it but are planning on going back soon!


I fell in love with Ithaca again this summer!! Let's hope the winter weather doesn't sneak up on us too soon :)

4 comments:

  1. cute paige! :) i love looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update!! I can't believe how fast this summer has gone! You guys are cuties:) ps you were in my dream last night he he I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were those calzones from DP Dough? What a perfect Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember kayaking Cayuga Lake! This post really makes me miss Ithaca!

    ReplyDelete