I thought I might be bored as a mom, staying home all day with not much on my agenda.
Let's just say I was definitely wrong.
I feel as though I have been working and in school. I guess in some ways I actually have been.
Motherhood 101. It has seemed more like a 300 level course than a beginners class.
And then working all day at attempting to feed, keep happy, and take care of a newborn baby.
I was used to getting up at 5 a.m. for work before, so I thought a baby's schedule might not throw me for a loop too bad. Wrong again. I can't even imagine getting up and going at 5 a.m. let alone 8.
Needless to say it has been quite the learning experience this past month with my sweet William, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Here are some things that have happened in the first month of Will's life.
I did finally leave the hospital, with baby in arms.
We got our first family pictures and made it home to our apartment!
Will had a hard time breastfeeding at first because he had a "tongue tie." We got his tongue clipped on his fourth day of life.
In the meantime he fed from a bottle, a cup,
a syringe, and other fun devices.
Three weeks later he finally figured out how to use his tongue and life got a lot less stressful.
He had his first sponge bath and loved it.
He had a photo shoot. Check out his pictures on my friend's blog here
He had his first real bath with Grammy.
William's first real outing, besides doctor visits, was to Ithaca's Apple Festival.
It was quite crowded this year and it was difficult with a stroller, but it was a fun experience!
We enjoyed some fresh apple topping over fry bread. Yum.
Thank goodness Grammy came to visit for two weeks to help out and keep me sane.
Here's William on his one month birthday. He's grown so much in four weeks!
He gained two pounds and really started to fill out his little body.
One thing is for certain, he LOVES his dad.
Somehow Ben always manages to calm him down and make him happy.
I love my sweet boys!
It seems like William has been in our lives for a long time.
We cannot wait to see what lies ahead, but hope to love every moment until then!
He is so adorable. Keep the pictures coming.
ReplyDelete