Last weekend Ben and I flew to Utah for my BYU graduation. It was so fun to be with him as I graduated and was able to be with both of our families. Ben's sister Diana was graduating from BYU as well, and his cousin Austin was getting married too! Ben's family drove up, as well as mine. Thursday we were lucky to have nice weather for some outside pictures and waiting for the big graduation with Elder Christofferson speaking. I got to see some of my friends before and after the ceremony. The highlight of Thursday was walking into the Marriot Center and having my family be right above me to wave and take pictures. As we walked onto the floor waiting to go up to our seats, I spotted myself on the jumbo screen! I told everyone around me and we waved, smiled, thumbs up, and finally found where the camera was coming from. After about 20 seconds of air-time I guess they had enough of us. It was a great beginning to my BYU graduation weekend. haha.
Thursday night we had a nice family dinner at Macaroni Grill (thanks to the tradition set by Rachel's graduation two years prior). I got to hang out with my best friends after dinner. We watched the Suns game and reminisced about old times :). I truly do miss them and wish they could be here in Ithaca with us! Friday morning was rainy. My School of Education had our graduation in the Smith Field House at 8 a.m. Both of our families were all able to make it. I loved all the support and it was so fun to be with everyone again. We raced over to Diana's graduation and then sped to Austin's wedding in Draper. It was pretty cold up on top of the mountain but great to see another temple wedding since ours 4 months ago! That night we went to the reception and said goodbye to Ben's family.
I've got a pretty good looking husband!Saturday was a Christensen day. We got some good shopping in (including getting a jean skirt which I have looking for, for months). Then we went to the Salt Lake temple (my first real time) with my brother Michael and my parents. That night we got to see "How to Train a Dragon" and hit up Crown Burger to finish off a great Utah trip. It was so worth it to fly out for my graduation and be able to be with my friends and loved ones. The only weird thing was going back to school Monday morning to the 3rd graders. I do enjoy going, but it felt like I should be done after receiving that fake, white diploma a few days earlier!
And two good looking brothers!
CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteyay - love the pics, wish i could have been there!
ReplyDeleteglad the camera found the cutest graduate for the big screen. :) I remember tearing up a bit when I walked into the Marriott center and everyone was standing...just for me of course. Such a wonderful feeling! thanks for chatting! we miss you guys a lot!
ReplyDelete