Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Friday, May 14, 2010

Why did the duck cross the road?


Dear Ithaca,

You are getting really pretty lately. The green is great, and I like being able to get in my car without needing to scrape it off. There has also been a lot more animals outside lately (well besides deer). Going to school last week I almost ran over a duck. Yes, a duck. A large duck was standing in the middle of the road. He was doing good because he was in the crosswalk, but our light had turned green. Luckily it was 7:15 a.m. so there weren't a ton of cars around. The duck finally realized it was not in the right place and flew away. Who knew a duck could fly so well? Then.... today I was coming home from school. This time a duck brought its four babies along with it to cross the road. Again, not sure what it's thinking (well he was headed to Walmart so maybe they were going to the store?). The car next to me and I stopped and waited to see what direction they were going. About 10 seconds later the mom led the babies back to the sidewalk. Geeze! I can't imagine running them over. Please keep your animals on the side of the road. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment