So this is us...me driving the Paijetta and Ben always happy smiling singing etc. See the green out the window? Yes, I've been waiting for that since January.
Even though I'm not technically a "mother" yet, Ben still wanted to uphold the Lewis family traditions on this day. Apparently breakfast in bed is one of them. I was so excited to not set an alarm for the first time in a long time. But the internal clock inside my head told me it was time to get up at 7:30 anyway! So Ben got up at started going at it in the kitchen. We had gone to the store the night before and purchased stuff for blueberry pancakes and cinnamon toast. I heard Ben in the kitchen with pots/pans/etc. He can't find the Pam, then he burned the first pancake. "Oh no," I hear.. wondering if I should check on the situation. Next, he burned the second pancake and wondered what was wrong. "It said heat to 375 degrees... I figured that meant high on the burner." After that he managed well and brought in the breakfast on a cookie sheet. Pancakes, toast, strawberries, bananas, and o.j. I mentioned I wanted my toast buttered and he asked if I wanted both sides done... Oh how I love my Ben.
paige! I am so sad I never got to see you while you were in Provo my EFY buddy :) I am glad you enjoyed "one day will be a mother" day
ReplyDeletecute paigey :) hey you know jared and brooke rasmussen? :) i know them from hawaii. they are a very fun couple as i'm sure you know. small world!
ReplyDeleteI found you! Hey, I got some of those banana chocolate chip cookies and they were so delicious.
ReplyDeleteAnd what the Britt? Hi!
Small world. Sad you didn't make it out to Hawaii with her to play soccer...next life.
Nice job benny. wow, our boys sound the same in the kitchen. I do have to say that my fillet mignon was still quite tasty after I cut off the burned part....(but the shrimp scampi was excellent!) it's the thought & great effort that counts!
ReplyDelete