BYU women's soccer game
Around Halloween time William liked to go on walks (ride his 3 wheeled scooter) around the neighborhood to see everyone’s decorations. We went on our “scarecrow walk” almost every morning before Lucy’s nap. There was one house in particular that had the best decorations. On November 1st they changed to Thanksgiving decorations but we only lasted a few weeks after that because of the cold. William finally figured out his 3 wheeled scooter and his Strider bike, one year later. In the fall we went to a lot of intramural games. Ben was on flag football and both Ben and I were on different soccer teams. Between intramurals and triathlon training we were at BYU gyms/fields often. Lucy was very flexible with her schedule and she became a lot more fun. She started sitting up around 7-8 months and playing with toys. She wasn't interested in crawling yet which was actually really nice with a second child for keeping her happily occupied on our laps.
One Saturday morning we went to the McBride's Briar Patch for the first time.
It made us feel like we were back in Ithaca again.
On Veterans' Day we hiked to the "G" in Pleasant Grove. Lucy was in the Babybjorn and William in the hiking backpack. That wasn't the plan when we left the house but somehow we all made it to the top of the mountain with a gorgeous view.
Lucy and William at the "monkey park" by our house
We even got to meet Daniel Tiger this fall. William wasn't one bit scared luckily!
William had his first "real" haircut at Cookie Cutters. They did a great job and he absolutely loved it. He asks to go back weekly.
William was lucky enough to celebrate his birthday on a preschool day. We brought donuts for his class and he loved every minute of it.
A few days later William had his first visit to the dentist.
I was happy to hear there were no major problems!
I was happy to hear there were no major problems!
Marley's slider eating contest. Ben and CJ gave it there best effort!
Aunt DD and Uncle Adam with Lucy and cousin Holly
We enjoyed many afternoons outside in our backyard with the three of us.
William enjoyed the Riverwoods Mall little splash pad. We went the last evening it was open and soaked up the last bits of "summer"
I can't remember when this was but Lucy's face was too classic not to post/remember. (and mine)
We had William's 3 year old doctor check up and they said he has 20/20 vision.
Let's hope he can keep it that way!
We enjoyed a few intramural football and soccer games of Ben's this fall. No championships, just another runner-up game!
The boys had fun playing some "soccer tennis"
I don't want to forget the little routines we have this fall.
On Tuesdays William has preschool and I drive carpool with him and our neighbor Cassie.
I used to take them to the park around the corner from school before, but after Thanksgiving it has been too chilly. Wednesday is our libaray day. Provo library has a story time just for preschoolers, William calls it his "preschool at the library". They take the kids in a special room just with the teachers and do a fun puppet show and letter of the week. I usually feed Lucy during that time and gather William's favorite books, Little Critter and Curious George. After storytime William wants to see the books I got him and we have to read them all there. Then he checks them out on his step stool all by himself, of course. On Thursday William has preschool in the afternoon again and on Fridays we usually have a church playgroup or something similar.
Paige!! You are so fabulous for keeping up with these updates! I miss blogging at times! I love reading about your life and especially seeing those two cuties. How I wish we could join you in your afternoon walks, park play dates, preschool parties, Sunday dinners and more! :( Big hugs to our favorite little people Will and Lucy! xoxo
ReplyDelete