Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Thanksgiving 2015

In early November, Ben and I competed in our second sprint-triathlon. 
It was in Orem and in the reverse manner (run, bike, swim)
 It was a FREEZING morning at about 20 degrees but we quickly warmed up during the 5k run.
Ben and I were in close competition through the bike race and again jumped in the pool at the same time.  He reminded me to grab my goggles as we ran through the frosty grass in our bare feet to the pool!  It was so nice having him in sight and there for encouragement.  I finished a minute or so before Ben and it felt great to finish the race basically together. 
I finished in first place for my age group and Ben took third in his. 

 We decided to take a break for a little while over the holiday season :)

 I had to document Lucy's hair coming in on the top.  
It has been a slow process but I'm excited for the curls!
Matching boys
 I was released from serving the Young Women in our ward.  
After being in there for 2.5 years I was sad to not see them twice a week.  They sure are a great group of girls. 


 We started attending the BYU basketball games at the end of the year. 
William was still obsessed with them and loves cheering with the student section and all the songs and flashing lights.  

 Ben's sister, Diana, captured some great family pictures for us.  We took them on the Provo River trail down by the lake and were more than pleased with the outcome.


 Ben gave his "last lecture" with his "bowtie Ben" just like his grandpa

 We had a birthday party for Diana at our house and had a delicious donut cake from Provo Bakery. 

 The last home football game was freezing, but we all bundled up to cheer on the Cougars!
 This year for Thanksgiving we drove down to Saint George to join Ben's parents and family.
 It was a gorgeous drive and the kids did wonderful. 
 We brought our mountain bikes and rode a trail or two. 

 We played a lot of sports and had a nice relaxing break. 
LaCinda did a fabulous job in a new kitchen without all the essential tools (potato peeler and blender)


 We stayed at Ben's grandparent's house in Ivins and walked to Tuachan on our last day. 
We watched their live nativity and got into the Christmas spirit!

We went to the aquarium in Draper one afternoon and had a fun time seeing the penguins, sharks and other fish.  We'll have to go back sometime soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment