Ben, Paige, William, & Lucy Lewis Family

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Baby Lewis #2

I have yet to blog about my announcement of being pregnant.
I told family members earlier on, but announced it publicly on August 29th. 
I was excited to find out I was pregnant mid June, but it felt like forever before we could tell anyone and feel comfortable about it. 
I found out I was pregnant with William after 8-9 weeks and I immediately had a doctor's appointment and all.  After waiting a few weeks this time, I was thrilled to finally be seen by an OBGYN and hear what was going on with the baby.

I was 8 1/2 weeks when I went in for my first visit and the doctor was able to find the heartbeat.  She said it was the earliest she'd ever found.  I was thrilled, obviously, and we had to schedule an early dating ultrasound to try and determine the baby's due date, which ended up being February 11, 2015.
Ben's response to this date was, "I hope I don't have to share a birthday again" :)  Twin problems.

I am very lucky when it comes to the first trimester.  I felt pretty tired but nothing that kept me down for more than too long.  My symptoms seemed the same as my first pregnancy, making me think baby #2 was a boy as well. We had a busy summer with family and trips during my first trimester, so I was lucky to not be sick and bedridden.

I talked myself into the fact that I was having a boy.  It made sense because I was feeling the same way at the beginning (not being sick.)  Ben's twin brother is expecting their 4th boy, Ben's sister only has four girls. Deep down I thought it would be exciting to have a girl, but didn't get my hopes up.
My gender reveal ultrasound was supposed to be when we were in Europe, so we had an early ultrasound to find out baby's gender.  The doctor said she was 95% sure we were having a girl.  I asked her multiple times to show me again, the proof.  It took me awhile to see it on the screen, but Ben supposedly knew pretty quickly. I was excited we would break the Lewis curse of having only one gender in their family.

On some days I wish I already had another baby and others I don't feel ready for baby #2.  I am grateful for the nine month of pregnancy but think I'll be ready for our family of four by February.  I'm sure it will come faster than I think with the holidays coming and all.

William knows that he's going to have a baby sister.  Sometimes I'll lift up my shirt and ask him to say hi to her, usually he pulls my shirt down and say "All done sister, or buh bye sister." He does sometimes kiss my stomach and rub it.  I'm excited to see William be a big brother.  I know he will be sweet and nice, after a few months at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment